What could be the cause of Morning Diarrhea?
How to Cure a Morning Stomach Ache
There are times when you might wake up with a stomach ache. This can be unpleasant and start your day off in a negative way. Stomach ache symptoms may include a burning sensation in your lower chest or upper abdomen, bloating, burping, satiety, and nausea.If you wake up with a stomach ache, there are some simple steps you can follow to help alleviate your pain and get on with your day.
Using Food to Relieve the Pain
Try starchy foods.When your stomach hurts first thing in the morning, you may need to try to eat something that isn't going to upset your stomach even more. Food rich in starch, such as rice, potatoes, and oats, can help calm your stomach. Starches don't sit in your stomach for a long period of time and they don't stimulate acid reflux, which can make your stomach feel worse.
- Try eating a bowl of oatmeal, a bowl of rice, or grits. This can help sooth your stomach and hopefully make your stomach ache go away.
- You can also try dry toast. Avoid eating jams, jellies, or butter on the toast. Those things may cause your stomach to react and make your ache much worse.
- If you are feeling extremely nauseous, you can try saltine crackers. They are really basic and there isn't much to them. Eating them helps absorb stomach acid and relieve aches.
Eat yogurt.Improper digestion is a common cause of stomach aches. In order to get your digestion moving again, you can eat yogurt to get it going. Try a type of yogurt with live cultures to help flush bad bacteria out of your system, which will help alleviate your stomach ache.
- Yogurt also helps with indigestion, which can also contribute to stomach pain.
- Greek yogurt with a little bit of honey is a great breakfast to help ease your stomach and get your day started.
Eat applesauce.Applesauce is a great food to eat when your stomach is upset. it can sooth your stomach because it is starchy and has low acidity. It is also easily digestible. If you are suffering from diarrhea, it can help ease your symptoms. Try a small bowl of it for breakfast to help alleviate your stomach ache.
- It is also high in fiber, which can help with a stomach ache related to constipation.
Make milk toast.Morning stomach aches may be caused by a general case of an uneasy stomach. Two of the best things for an uneasy stomach are milk and bread. While the components alone may irritate your stomach, making milk toast has the added benefit of the coating qualities of milk and the absorbing qualities of the bread without irritating your stomach. To make this, warm 1 cup of milk in a saucepan and pour it into a cereal bowl. Toast 1 piece of break and put a little bit of unsalted butter on top. Crumble the toast into the milk and eat slowly.
- Make sure your milk is not boiling. It will make it hard to eat.
- You can also use cornbread instead of toast. Crumble the cornbread into cold or warm milk and eat it like cereal.
Eat a banana.Bananas have been used for generations to soothe stomachs. They contain potassium, which helps with dehydration and irritated stomachs. They also have natural sugars, which can help relieve any hunger pangs related to early morning stomach aches.
- The plus side is that they are not too sweet, which can often cause stomach aches to get worse.
Cut up a papaya.Although bland foods are commonly suggested when you have a stomach ache, you can try some papaya for breakfast to help alleviate your stomach issues. It is rich in the enzymes papain and chymopapain, which help lower acidity and break down proteins in your stomach.
- Papaya will also help with constipation, encourage digestions, and ease indigestion.
Eat the CRAP diet.Although the name is kind of vulgar, this diet plan actually works to help alleviate stomach troubles. The abbreviation stands for cherries, raisins, apricots, and prunes. The diet suggests you eat these fruits due to their high levels of fiber. The increased fiber will help with your digestion, help flush out your system, and make you feel better.
- You can also eat these fruits dried. Make sure you get the versions with no added sugars. The extra added sugar can end up aggravating your stomach more than helping it.
- Taking soluble fiber or pills may also help.
Using Liquids to Relieve the Pain
Drink water.One reason that you might wake up with a stomach ache is that you are thirsty. Dehydration can cause a stomach ache and since you have just gone all night without water, you may be slightly dehydrated. Pour yourself a glass of water and drink it slowly. You don't want to drink it too fast and shock your empty stomach.
- You can also add lemon to it as well. It can help calm any stomach irritation caused by the dehydration.
- You can also try to drink juice or a sports drink to help replenish any nutrients or electrolytes that you might be missing.
Make ginger tea.If you wake up with pains in your stomach, you may need something to calm your stomach down. Ginger, whether it is in tea, raw, or in ginger ale, can help calm your stomach and make it feel better. It promotes the release of enzymes that help neutralize stomach acid and contains phenols that relax the stomach muscles and irritated tissues. One of the best ways to get pure ginger is by making a homemade ginger tea.
- To make the tea, start with 2 inch piece of ginger root and water. Peel and cut the ginger root into small pieces, then crush the pieces into even smaller bits. Boil 2-3 cups of water and add the ginger once it's boiling. Let it boil for 3-5 minutes. Remove it from heat. You can strain the ginger out when they pour it into a mug if you want or you can leave it in and drink it along with the tea. You can also drizzle some honey in it to make it sweeter.
- You can simply eat ginger if you prefer that to drinking the homemade tea.
Brew chamomile tea.Chamomile tea is a great way to soothe your stomach. The chamomile in the tea helps reduce inflammation, which can help relax the muscles in your stomach that are contributing to the ache. If you are not a fan of chamomile, you can brew most herbal teas to help with stomach issues.
- Steer clear of peppermint tea. It ca relax certain parts of your esophageal sphincter, which leads to heartburn and acid reflux.
Try coconut water.Unlike normal water, coconut water contains electrolytes and natural nutrients that can help alleviate stomach pain. The water contains natural sugars that will give you calories to give you energy as well as potassium and vitamin C.
- Make sure you get 100% pure coconut water.You don't want any of the artificial ingredients that may make your stomach ache even worse.
Mix a baking soda solution.Baking soda is great for a stomach ache because it helps neutralize stomach acid, which causes pain. Many over the counter medications contain baking soda, but you can make your own home solution to ease your stomach pain. Add a tablespoon of baking soda to 1 cup of water. Stir it well and then drink it.
- You can warm the water if your want, but it isn't necessary.
Make an apple cider vinegar drink.Unlike other kinds of vinegar, apple cider vinegar is rich in nutrients that can help alleviate your stomach ache in the morning. It also has helpful bacteria and enzymes that will alleviate digestive disruption, help indigestion, and reduce cramps.
- Mix apple cider vinegar with water and honey and stir. Drink it all to help alleviate your stomach ache.
Trying Other Methods to Relieve the Pain
Let yourself vomit.If you wake up feeling like you need to throw up, let yourself vomit. It may be that you body consumed something that it needs to expel, so listen to the way your body feels and do what is best for your body. It is never pleasant to vomit, but in the end, your stomach will likely feel better.
- Holding it in can damage your esophagus because the stomach acid is just sitting in your throat.
Release any anxiety.One reason you may have a morning stomach ache is because you are anxious about something. If you know you are worrying too much about something, try to calm yourself. Anxiety often causes nausea and stomach aches, so relieving your own anxiety can often make the harsh feeling of your stomach in knots go away. Try to acknowledge the anxiety and let go of whatever is bothering you.
- Try meditating or even breathing. This can help your muscles relax and make you feel better overall.
Stretch your back and neck.You may wake up with a stomach ache because of muscle tightness all over your body. This can happen due to a strange sleeping position or over exertion the day before. To alleviate this, lie flat on your stomach on a flat, solid surface. Push your arms up, lifting just your upper body and arching your back toward the ceiling. This will stretch out your back and release the muscles in your abdomen as well.
- To exercise your neck, tip your head forward and touch your chin to your chest, holding for 10-15 seconds. Next, tip your head to either side and hold your ear toward your shoulder, holding for 10-15 seconds. Repeat on the other side.
Use heat.You can use a hot water bottle or a heating pad to help alleviate the pain in your stomach. Lie flat on your back and lay the bottle or pad across your stomach. The heat will increase the blood flow to the skin surface. This helps lower the feelings of pain from underneath the abdomen.
- They also make heat patches that may work. You can buy them at your local pharmacy or general store.
Try reflexology.There is a method called reflexology that uses the nerves in the body to help relax other areas of the body. In this practice, the nerves in the left foot correspond to the stomach. To use this technique, grab your left foot with the palm of your right hand. Push under the ball of the foot with your left hand and apply a steady, even pressure with your thumb. After a few seconds, release the pressure and move up a little bit, repeating the motion.
- After you reach the top of the arch with your left thumb, come back down the foot with the right thumb, applying the same pressure until you reach the bottom area of your foot.
- If you can't get it right by yourself, have someone else rub the area for you. You may not be able to properly relax if you are doing it to yourself.
Take over the counter medications.There are some useful over the counter treatments that can be helpful for a stomach ache. You can try medicines such as Pepto-Bismol or Imodium if you feel overly nauseous or have diarrhea. If your stomach pain is more related to indigestion or acid reflux, you can try medications with ranitidine in them, such as Zantac. Avoid taking aspirin, ibuprofen, or naproxen sodium as because they may make your stomach pain worse.
- Make sure you follow the dosing instructions for these medications. If you are curious about any issues that may arise from taking them, ask your doctor.
Seek medical help.If your stomach ache persists for more than one or two mornings, you should see a doctor to check for any underlying conditions. You should also see a doctor if you try a few remedies and your stomach ache gets worse.
- You never want to put yourself in danger waiting for remedies to work on an issue that may have a more serious cause.
QuestionCan a hot shower help cure a morning stomach ache?
Family Medicine PhysicianFamily Medicine PhysicianExpert AnswerNever heard of a hot shower curing a morning stomach ache before, but it is always good to stay clean and healthy. The water can have a calming effect as well.Thanks!
QuestionWhat is should I do for stomach pain that has lasted for 4 weeks?
Family Medicine PhysicianFamily Medicine PhysicianExpert AnswerIf you have chronic abdominal pain, it warrants evaluation by a doctor or gastroenterologist. Make an appointment right away.Thanks!
QuestionWhat should you eat if you ate too much the day before?
Family Medicine PhysicianFamily Medicine PhysicianExpert AnswerTo cure a morning stomach ache induced by over-eating the night before, try something that aids digestion, like peppermint tea.Thanks!
QuestionI have a bad stomach ache every morning and it almost has me in tears. It lasts either all day or for about an hour. How do I cure this?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf you're having this everyday you should go to your doctor immediately. It could be serious.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I treat a chronic stomachache?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerFor chronic symptoms it is always best to see your doctor, as there are a number of conditions that could be the cause, some of them serious.Thanks!
QuestionI am constipated every morning, and it causes stomach pain. What should I do?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerAre you sure your morning stomach aches are caused by constipation? If so, you should watch your diet carefully. Cut down on junk, switch to healthy meals and snacks with lots of fruits and veggies, and make sure you drink 8-9 cups of water daily. Adding a probiotic may help with your bowel movements.Thanks!
QuestionWhy do I have stomach pains in the early morning if I am a 13-year-old girl?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThese might be menstrual cramps if you only have them at certain times of the month. Otherwise it could be stress, or it could be a number of medical conditions, depending on your other symptoms and how long it's been going on. Tell a parent/guardian and ask them to make you a doctor's appointment.Thanks!
QuestionCan a hot shower help cure a morning stomach ache?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt helps me! It depends on the ache. Cramps normally are alleviated by heat because it draws more blood to the area.Thanks!
QuestionWhat causes stomach pain in the morning?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerStomach pain in the morning can be caused by a number of things. Consult your doctor for a diagnosis and treatment.Thanks!
QuestionIs it normal to have stomach pains in the morning?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt depends on the kind of pain. It's normal for some people to feel nausea or gas pains in the morning, especially if they have acid reflux, but if you're experiencing stabbing pains, then you should see a doctor immediately.Thanks!
What is the simplest cure for diarrhea?
- To prevent stomach aches, eat five or six small meals a day instead of two or three big meals. Avoid fatty or spicy foods and medications such as aspirin that make your symptoms worse.
- If you get a stomachache after eating dairy, you may be lactose intolerant.
- You can make celery water: Cut up some celery and place it in water and boil it. Then drink it and you will feel better.
- See a doctor for a stomach ache if you have bloody stool, intractable diarrhea or vomiting, severe pain, fever, or weight loss.
- A person may be infected with H. pylori, a bacteria that cause stomach ulcers. Treatment should be done with antibiotics.
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Español: , Italiano: , Русский: , Português: , Deutsch: , Français: , Bahasa Indonesia: , Tiếng Việt: , ไทย: , 中文: , 한국어: , العربية: , Nederlands:
Video: 3 Ways to a Cure a Stomach Ache | How to Cure a Morning Stomach Ache?
8 Ways to Stop Stress Eating Now
Textured Sock Bun Tutorial
7 Celebrities Who Manage Life With Chronic Pain
9 Bad Eating Habits and How to Break Them
How To Wear Over-the-Knee Boots
Apple Is Releasing a Red iPhone
How dirty your office coffee cup is and how to clean it
How to Travel During the Holidays for Seniors
How to Do Your Hair in a Side Bun
Spying on Your Spouse
Uber and Lyft have won a key battleground in the electric scooter wars
How to Be Certain That Your Choice to Not Marry Is Sound