How To Make Your Own Japanese Zen Garden: Part 2 | Gardening | Great Home Ideas
How to Make a Zen Garden for Your Desk
Obtain the items needed.These are: a shoebox lid, sand or soil, water, a small container to hold the water (a small tea light candle holder is a good choice), pebbles or small rocks, a bridge, fake or real moss, a comb or mini rake, and any additional items you'd like to add, just remembering that simplicity is important for a Zen garden.
Take the shoebox lid and the sand.If you're going to keep this Zen garden for a while, lay out clear wrap under the sand.
Pour the sand into the shoebox lid and level it out so that it is even across the shoebox lid.
Place the rock in the sand, wherever you'd like it to sit.A traditional Zen garden would have the rocks placed in the corners.
Add the moss and anything else that you have to put in your Zen garden.
Use the mini rake or comb to make patterns in the sand.
Put the water container on the sand and add the water.If you would like, put the bridge over the water.
Display the Zen garden on your desk.Use it to ponder life's mysteries and to keep yourself calm.
QuestionWhy do we need a container for the water?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf the water is not contained, it will spill out into the dirt and turn it into mud.Thanks!
QuestionCan I use soil instead of sand?Amanda PopowitzCommunity AnswerSure! Whatever you feel helps you to relax and calm down. It's the thought that counts.Thanks!
QuestionWhere can I buy mini rakes and bridges?Amanda PopowitzCommunity AnswerI would suggest looking at a local craft store.Thanks!
QuestionWhat type of soil should I use?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou can get planting soil from a store such as Lowes or Home Depot.Thanks!
QuestionDo I have to put sand in it?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes. However, a bonsai or saikei (miniature landscape) may have more appeal to some.Thanks!
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- If you want a more permanent Zen garden, use a rectangular dish or plant container saucer for the base instead of a shoebox lid.
- Have fun with it and make it how you find peacefulness.
- When you use the rake, use swift motions to make a peaceful movement.
- The waves you make in the sand with a rake are meant to take the place of water in the zen garden. Adding literal water to a zen garden in sort of missing the point of creating an abstract landscape meant for meditation.
- If you do not have a bridge, you can make one out of clay, crayons, paper, toothpicks, etc.
- Real water may attract curious cats if you have cats.
- Using real moss could be a problem if it turns moldy. Remove it if it does.
Video: How To Make A Miniature Island In Ocean Zen Garden – DIY Stress-Relieving Desk Decoration
How to Save Money Every Month
MORE: Straight From The Oscars Red Carpet: 5 Things You Didn’t See on TV
Terracotta Rust Outfits-21 Ways To Wear Terracotta Rust
Selena Gomezs Wild Ride
Kate Mosss Money-Saving Style Trick From the 90s Still Works Now
How to Stop Eating Sweets All of the Time
McDonalds New Drink Will Make You Forget All About the Coffee Coolatta
16 Multi-Colored Hair Trends You Need to Try This Year
How to Prevent Leukemia in Children
I Spent 30 Minutes in a Pile of Salt to Try to Get PerfectSkin
Date: 05.12.2018, 14:34 / Views: 31243