RPCS- About Chantix use while quitting
How to Take Chantix
Chantix, the brand name of the medication Varenicline, can be a helpful tool to help you quit smoking. It works by telling the receptors in the brain that you have received nicotine when you haven't. Chantix is a prescription medication that needs to be taken under the care of a doctor because it can have strong side effects, including problems with mental health. However, if you want to quit smoking, taking Chantix correctly can give you a bit boost.
Consulting With Your Doctor
Consult with a doctor.In order to take Chantix, you need to get a prescription from your doctor. Make an appointment with your doctor and tell them that you would like help with your goal of quitting smoking.
- In most cases, your general practitioner will be the right doctor to consult. If they don’t have experience with helping people with smoking cessation, they may refer you to an addiction specialist.
Discover if you have health issues that could be worsened by Chantix.There are a variety of medical problems and issues that make the use of Chantix risky or dangerous. If you have any of these issues, you need to talk to your doctor about how the medication may increase your problems and whether those risks can be mediated. Discuss any of these medical problems with your doctor before taking Chantix:
- Alcohol dependence
- Chest pain
- Heart attack
- Mental health problems
- Kidney disease
Weigh the pros and cons of taking Chantix with your doctor.Although it may help you quit smoking, Chantix can cause negative side effects, so you need to weigh whether it is worth the risks if poses for you. Your doctor is a good person to discuss these pros and cons with so that you can come to an informed decision that is right for you.
Discuss a timeline for your use of Chantix.When taking Chantix, you can either stop smoking cold turkey between 8 and 35 days after starting to take it, or you can gradually reduce smoking over the course of about 12 weeks while taking the medication. It is important to lay out your plan with your doctor so they can prescribe the medication correctly and so that you can schedule follow up meetings to assess your progress.
- If your timeline changes, let your doctor know. This will allow them to change your prescription and give you additional support if necessary.
Using Chantix Correctly
Fill your prescription.Once you have decided to take Chantix and your doctor has written you a prescription, you can fill that prescription at your local pharmacy. The pharmacist will discuss the instructions with you, including dosing and any specific instructions your doctor has included with the prescription.
- In some cases, Chantix will be covered by your health insurance. If it is not, it will cost you around 0 USD for a 1-month supply.
Take the medication as directed.Chantix is usually taken once a day at the same time every day, although prescriptions can vary. It should be taken with a full glass of water right after eating.
- It is important that you take Chantix every day. It will take several weeks to feel the full effect of the medication, so it’s important to keep taking it to build it up in your system.
Use the medication as just one part of your plan to quit smoking.In order to be successful with your goal of quitting smoking you need to use a variety of techniques. These may include finding activities that can replace smoking, using relaxation techniques, and getting emotional support from friends and family.
Don’t quit taking Chantix until you have discussed it with your doctor.Once you have successfully quit smoking it may be tempting to stop taking Chantix right away. However, it is likely that your doctor will tell you to keep taking it for up to another 12 weeks.
- Continuing to take the medication after you are no longer actively smoking will help you to continue avoiding the temptation of smoking.
Assess your mental health regularly while taking Chantix.One of the most severe side effects that Chantix can cause is changes with your mental health. If you start to have depression, mania, restlessness, panic attacks, anxiety, violent behavior, or suicidal ideations, stop taking the medication and contact your doctor immediately.
- One way to make sure that you are not experiencing mental health problems due to Chantix is to have your mental health assessed regularly. If you don’t have a counselor or therapist before starting this medication, talk to your doctor about getting a referral.
Video: Chantix Days 1-3
Benefits of Lavender oil – Uses for body care and skin care
New Procedure May Aid Stubborn High Blood Pressure
Be the Best-Dressed Wedding Guest
WYD, GQ Serena Williams Woman of the Year Cover Sparks Major Backlash
Challenge Yourself With This Super-Effective Workout Of The Week
Cold, Flu, Swine Flu, or Allergies
How to Make Empanadas
How to Write a Letter to End a Friendship
10 grooming secrets from the experts
Real Housewives Kenya Moore: Fibroids Scarred My Uterus—But I Still Got Pregnant At 47
Fashion News: Irina Lazareanu, Lady Gaga More
How to Style Long Hair
The 14 best exercises to keep you young